Tuesday, September 23, 2014

WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP YONDER






WHEN THE ROLL IS CALLED UP YONDER

TRUE STORY:

A pastors wife was sitting in her living room visiting with her husband and asked him a question: “James, do you ever get tired and just want to go to heaven?” She followed the question up with a statement that still burns in that pastors mind: I am ready to go to heaven. If God decided to take me today, I am ready. The only thing I would be sad about is leaving you and our daughter, so, I want yall to come with me.

For the next year, she became consumed with reaching the lost. She wanted to reach as many people as she could, and pull them out of the grips of hell. She wanted desperately to show them the way to heaven. Even though she gave birth that year, she reached out to the lost. She had a full time job, but she found time to sit at Jesusfeet and to reach out to people who were steadily marching to hell. When she lost her job, she went out and knocked doors in her city, because she was consumed with getting someone to haven with her.

At the end of that year, she died. However, her death was not in vain because her life was not wasted! She was ready to go to heaven, but she wanted others to go there with her, and she succeeded in her efforts of giving them the best possible opportunity to go.

I dont know about you, but Im ready to go to heaven, and I want to bring somebody with me! I can only imagine what it will be like! I can only imagine the joy I will feel when I hear the words, “Well done...” I can only imagine what it will be like when I see those who have gone on before me...I cant wait to see them, but I want yall to come with me! I want my family and friends to come with me.  I want people I’ve known all my life and people I’ve yet to meet to come with me.  In fact, I want people I’ve never met to come with me!

I wonder, is there anybody else that wants to go to heaven and bring as many others as possible with you?

J. M. Black penned the words to one of the old-time favorite hymns we used to sing pretty regularly in the Church...

When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound,
and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
And the roll is called up yonder Ill be there!

On that bright and cloudless morning
when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of His resurrection share;
When His chosen shall gather to their home beyond the skies,
And the roll is called up yonder Ill be there.

Let us labor for the Master
From the dawn till setting sun,
Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care;
Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,
And the roll is called up yonder Ill be there!

When the roll is called up yonder,
When the roll is called up yonder,
When the roll is called up yonder,
When the roll is called up yonder, Ill be there!

How about it – is your name there? Are you ready to go to heaven? Are you willing to say that you will do your best for the rest of 2014 to help someone else make it to heaven?

When the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there, and I want to see you there, too!